From The Recipe Club. Perfect for a cool day!
16 oz. box low-sodium chicken broth
2 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 white or yellow onion, chopped
2 4-oz. cans mild diced green chiles, undrained
2 cans (14-16 oz.) great Northern beans, undrained
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
Place ingredients in slow cooker and cook on high 3-5 hours. About 30 minutes before serving, shred chicken and return to slow cooker.
Right before serving, add:
1 C. sour cream
4 oz. cream cheese
Top with shredded pepper jack cheese, avocado, Fritos, extra sour cream, sliced jalapeno peppers, cilantro, pico de gallo, etc.
Note: The original recipe called for three chicken breasts, but I thought it was too "chicken-y." If you prefer lots of chicken, use three chicken breasts instead of two. I used light sour cream and light cream cheese. I have also omitted the onions with no discernable difference in flavor.
No comments:
Post a Comment