My nephew requested a white cake with white frosting for his birthday. I was flummoxed by this request because who doesn't want chocolate? But I searched diligently and found this recipe for white wedding cupcakes. I just poured the batter into cake pans and it was delicious. This easy-to-make recipe is from Recipe Girl.
1 box white cake mix
1 C. all-purpose flour
1 C. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1-1/3 C. water
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 C. sour cream
4 large egg whites
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a large bowl whisk together cake mix, flour, sugar, and salt. Add remaining ingredients and beat with hand mixer for two minutes, or until well blended. Pour into greased and floured cake pans.
Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean (a few wet crumbs should stick to the toothpick). Approximate baking times are listed on the back of the cake mix box.
Notes: Most companies have downsized the size of their cake mixes. This recipe calls for an 18.25-oz. box cake mix. I used the smaller size cake mix and had great success.
I used Tillamook brand sour cream (the regular--not light--option).
A cake decorator friend once told me she only uses Duncan Hines cake mixes when making wedding cakes.
I assembled my cake by placing one cake layer on the serving dish, followed by a generous layer of the Cool Whip filling from this recipe (vanilla instant pudding, milk, Cool Whip), followed by the second cake layer, and then frosted with this buttercream frosting.
No comments:
Post a Comment