Toffee Dip

I was looking for a caramel dip to make for apples and came across this recipe on allrecipes.com. Perfect for fall!

1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/4 C. white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. toffee bits

Beat together the cream cheese, sugars, and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Stir in toffee bits. Serve with sliced apples.

Tip: Dip apple slices in lemon or lime juice or lemon-lime soda, regular or diet, to keep them from browning.

Notes: Toffee bits can be found on the baking aisle by the chocolate chips. The most popular brands are Heath and Skor and either plain or chocolate can be used. I wasn't a fan the first time I made this recipe. I didn't add the whole bag of toffee chips because it was looking too chunky. The next time I made this recipe I added the whole bag of toffee chips and it was better but I still wasn't sure what everyone was raving about. Then I tried the dip the next day and it was sooooo much better...like candy! So I strongly suggest refrigerating the dip overnight before serving. The flavors seem to meld together and I think the toffee chips soften slightly.

No comments: