I have had a mini cupcake pan forever. I've used it to make mini brownies and peanut butter cup cookies, but I've never actually baked cupcakes in it! The backs of the cake mix boxes don't have directions on how to bake mini cupcakes so I searched the internet to find the following instructions. The cupcakes turned out pretty yummy (and so cute!).
Line the mini cupcake pan with mini cupcake liners (these are widely available at grocery or craft stores).
Mini cupcakes are about one-third the size of a regular cupcake. Since a regular cupcake typically has about 1/4 cup of batter, you will only want to use about 1 Tbsp. batter in a mini cupcake. Try to keep all of the wells filled with equal amounts of batter so the cupcakes will cook for the same length of time.
Cook the cupcakes for about 9 minutes. Test the cupcakes using the toothpick method. If they aren't done, continue cooking for about 30 seconds before checking again. You have to watch the mini cupcakes very carefully because they can easily overcook since they are so small.
No comments:
Post a Comment