This recipe is from the Life as a Lofthouse blog. I love it! This frosting is so good you could seriously eat it by itself.
1/2 C. (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/2 Tbsp. milk
2 C. powdered sugar
8 Oreo cookies, finely
crushed
In a large bowl cream butter, vanilla, and milk. Slowly add in powdered sugar
until creamy and fluffy. Mix in crushed oreos until well combined.
Notes: The recipe called for unsalted butter. I don't typically keep unsalted butter in my refrigerator so I just used regular (salted) butter. I thought it tasted fine and I bet the little bit of salt in the butter cuts through the sugary cookies to keep the frosting from being too sweet. The original recipe made too much frosting for what I needed so I halved the measurements. This is probably enough frosting to frost the top of a 9- x 13-inch cake or 12-18 cupcakes. If I was frosting an entire layer cake or 24 cupcakes, I would probably double the recipe. Crush the Oreo cookies (no need to separate the cookies from the filling) using either a food processor or blender because you really do need the cookies to be finely crushed. However, the cookies soften in the buttercream so a few chunky pieces are okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment