Another recipe from the "What's Cooking" with Ruthie blog. This syrup is so delicious that everyone was eating it directly from the pan! We were also dipping strawberries in it!
2 sticks butter, cut into tablespoon-sized slices
1-1/2 C. sugar
2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
3/4 C. buttermilk
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla
Mix butter, sugar, corn syrup, and buttermilk in a large saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil. Boil for 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla and baking soda (baking soda will make the syrup frothy). Remove syrup from heat and serve. Syrup may be made ahead and reheated.
Note: When I made the syrup, it was a beautiful buttery color. However, I left the syrup over low heat to keep it warm and the syrup turned a caramel color. It didn't affect the flavor, but I recommend not leaving the syrup on heat.
No comments:
Post a Comment