Egg salad is not complicated. I've been making it for years. Just mix hard-boiled eggs with mayo and mustard. When I was asked to make egg salad for a baby shower, I was paranoid that my basic recipe wouldn't be good enough. So I scoured the internet for a "better" recipe. I was intrigued by some avocado-based egg salads, but ultimately found my recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything. The exact recipe is actually a deviled egg dip, but it works beautifully as an egg salad. And, guess what? The recipe wasn't so different from my novice version!
1 dozen hard-boiled eggs
1 C. light mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. prepared yellow mustard (add more if you like)
Salt and pepper
Paprika
Halve hard-boiled eggs lengthwise. Coarsely chop half of the egg whites and transfer them to a large bowl for later use. Add the remaining whites and all of the yolks to a food processor along with the mayonnaise and mustard and process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to the bowl with the reserved egg whites. Stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dust top of mixture with paprika.
No comments:
Post a Comment