Zucchini Tots

My friend Natalie passed along this recipe from The Two Bite Club. Delicious and healthy!

1 C. zucchini, grated (about one zucchini, 7 inches in length)
1 egg
1/4 onion, diced
1/4 C. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 C. dry breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Squeeze the excess water from the zucchini using your hands or a clean dish towel. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Fill each muffin section to the top, pushing down on the filling with a spoon so the mixture is compacted (otherwise the tots will fall apart when they are taken out of the muffin tin). Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. To easily remove the tots from the pan, run a plastic knife around the edges of each tot. Makes 12 tots.

Notes: I grated the zucchini using the small holes on a box grater. I used Progresso's Garlic & Herb Breadcrumbs. I think these would be delicious served with a zesty dipping sauce, like this copycat recipe for Burger King's onion ring sauce.

No comments: