Cheesy Baked Eggs

From The Girl Who Ate Everything.

1 Tbsp. butter, melted
12 eggs, beaten
1 lb. (16 oz.) shredded cheese (see notes)
16 oz. cottage cheese
1/2 C. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt (see notes)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and brush a 9x13-inch baking pan with the melted butter. Whisk together the eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, flour, and salt in a large bowl. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are completely set about 50-60 minutes (eggs should reach internal temperature of 160 degrees). Start checking eggs around 40 minutes. Cut into squares and serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes, or onions, if desired.

Notes: Any type of cheese can be used in this recipe. The original recipe called for 16 oz. Pepper Jack cheese, but I used 8 oz. Monterey Jack (for melting) and 8 oz. Sharp Cheddar (for taste).

I used Lawry's Seasoned Salt. I found the dish a little salty, so I recommend using 1/2 teaspoon in the recipe, but the original recipe called for a full teaspoon.

No comments: