Healthier Peach Crisp

From a random website.

4 cans (15 oz.) sliced peaches in 100% juice, well drained
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1-1/4 tsp. cinnamon, divided
1 tsp. vanilla
2/3 C. old-fashioned oats
1/2 C. packed brown sugar
1/3 C. prepared baking mix
3 Tbsp. margarine, softened

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Put peaches in a small bowl. Sprinkle cornstarch, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and vanilla over peaches. Stir unwil well combined and then pour into the prepared pan.

In a medium bowl, combine 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, oats, brown sugar, baking mix, and margarine. Mix together with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over peaches. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until peach juice is thick and bubbly and topping is lightly browned. Makes 9 servings. Serve with ice cream.

Notes: I like cinnamon, so I will use cinnamon liberally...probably double the amount in the recipe. To make this recipe lower in calories and fat, I used peaches packed in pear juice that have less calories than the peaches in 'light syrup.' I also used Bisquick HeartSmart Pancake & Baking Mix and light margarine. Using these ingredients, each serving would have 180 calories and 2.5 g fat. With 1/4 C. slow-churned vanilla bean ice cream, each serving would have 230 calories and 4.25 g fat.

No comments: