Sautéed Mushrooms

From The Pioneer Woman Cooks as an accompaniment to the Mushroom-and-Swiss Sliders. I love sautéed mushrooms and thought they would be tasty by themselves or to serve on different sandwiches...so I am giving them their own post.

4 Tbsp. butter
1/2 medium onion, finely diced
8 oz. whole white mushrooms
4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
salt
freshly ground pepper

Clean mushrooms, and cut into quarters. Set aside. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions and cook over medium heat for five minutes, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms and toss around, then add Worcestershire, salt, and pepper. Cook for several minutes over medium heat, or until all liquid has evaporated.

Note: My family loves sautéed mushrooms. To make more than this recipe, I used 2 cartons (or 16 oz.) mushrooms and 8 dashes Worcestershire sauce, but used the same measurements for butter and onion as in the original recipe.

No comments: