This recipe is from The Pioneer Woman Cooks.
2 lbs. ground beef
4 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. butter
4 slices Swiss cheese, cut into four squares (16 pieces)
slider rolls, split
spicy fry sauce
BBQ dipping sauce
sautéed mushrooms
Mix ground beef, heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly mix ingredients. Form 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the meat mixture into patties, making an indentation with your thumb to keep the patties from plumping too much when they cook. In a skillet, melt butter over medium to medium-high heat. Add four patties at a time, indented side face up. Cook for 4 minutes, then flip. Spoon generous portion of sautéed mushrooms on each patty, then top with one or two squares of Swiss cheese, depending on your preference. Place lid on skillet and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until burgers are cooked through and cheese is melted. Remove to a place and keep warm while you repeat with the rest of the meat mixture.
Toast halved buns under the oven broiler. Spread generously with spicy fry sauce (or BBQ sauce).
Notes: The recipe indicates it makes 8 hamburgers. With 2 pounds of meat, that would mean each hamburger is 1/4-lb. size. That's a little too large for my definition of a slider, so I made the patties a little smaller. I just divided the meat mixture in halves until I had 16 sections, and then formed each of the sections into a patty. Also, this recipe translates well to grilling rather than pan frying. I made the patties flat for grilling so they would cook faster. Finally, for slider rolls I used Grandma Sycamore's hot dog buns cut into thirds. I also recommend the ranch rolls from Harmon's bakery.
No comments:
Post a Comment