Prior to trying this recipe, I had never cooked a pork tenderloin. I had bought a tenderloin at the grocery store but didn't know what to do with it. I just browsed the Internet for a recipe and found this one that seemed pretty easy to make and could cook in the slow cooker while I was at work. It was so juicy and yummy!
2 lbs. pork tenderloin
1/4 C. balsamic vinegar
1/2 C. low-sodium chicken broth
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. brown sugar (or honey/maple syrup or Stevia for low carb)
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Pepper
Combine the vinegar, chicken broth, and soy sauce. Combine the sugar, cumin, garlic powder, and pepper. Rub the pork with the brown sugar mixture and place in the slow cooker. Pour vinegar mixture over the top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until pork is very tender. If desired, top with balsamic glaze or reduce the cooking liquid to create your own glaze. For a crisp exterior, place under a hot broiler for 4-5 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment