Chocolate Mousse

It was my nephew's birthday again. Last year he requested a vanilla cake with vanilla filling and vanilla frosting. This year it was vanilla cake with chocolate filling and vanilla frosting. I used this cake recipe and this frosting recipe from last year. For the chocolate filling, I found this recipe. This mousse was so good. I would be happy eating it with or without cake!

1 C. semisweet chocolate chips
2 C. heavy whipping cream, divided
1/2 C. powdered sugar
1/4 C. granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla

In a medium saucepan, combine 1/2 C. heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Stir over low heat. Add chocolate chips, stirring frequently as they melt and the mixture becomes well blended. Remove mixture from heat, add vanilla and set mixture aside.

In a large mixing bowl, mix remaining 1-1/2 C. heavy whipping cream on medium speed while gradually adding granulated sugar. When all the sugar has been incorporated, beat the mixture on high speed until stiff peaks form.

Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture, taking care to not over mix. Refrigerate for at least one hour.

No comments: