Chocolate Mess

Big John brought this in to work one day and I thought I had died and gone to chocolate heaven. The cake is very moist and super rich. I was impressed to see a man who isn't afraid of a kitchen.

1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
1 3-oz. pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
1 C. chocolate chips
1 C. sour cream
4 eggs
3/4 C. vegetable oil
1 C. water

Spray a 4-quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and pudding mix. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the water, then add the sour cream and oil and beat until smooth. Add to the dry ingredients and beat well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour mixture into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or on low for 5 to 5-1/2 hours, until top springs back when touched very lightly with finger. Serve with ice cream, if desired.

No comments: