I like muffins and bran muffins are tasty but usually turn out dry. Several years ago my sister cooked only Weight Watchers recipes. This is one of the few I adopted because it's a rare recipe where the muffins turn out moist.
3 C. All-Bran cereal (the BranBuds variety)
2-1/2 C. warm water
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 box Krusteaz muffin mix, any flavor
Spray muffin tins with Pam. Place cereal in bowl. Pour warm water over cereal and let stand 5 minutes. Add baking powder and muffin mix. Pour into sprayed muffin tins. Bake according to directions shown on the muffin mix box (approximately 16-18 minutes in 400-degree oven). Makes 24 muffins.
Notes: I have only used the fat-free muffin mixes but I assume regular muffin mixes would work, too. My favorite muffin mix to use is cranberry orange. The muffins store pretty well. I usually let them cool and then throw them in a Ziploc bag. I would estimate the shelf life to be about a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment