Soft Pumpkin Cookies

Autumn is by far my favorite season. One reason is I love pumpkin. I love cooking with pumpkin because you usually need those spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, cloves) that make your kitchen smell wonderful. This is one of my favorite pumpkin recipes from Nestlé's website, verybestbaking.com. These cookies are really soft. I once served them with a scoop of Häägen-Dazs cinnamon dulce de leche ice cream for book club.

2-1/2 C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1-1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. butter (1 stick), softened
1 C. Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle glaze over cookies. Makes 36 cookies.

Glaze:
2 C. powdered sugar, sifted
3 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine ingredients in small bowl until smooth.

Note: Rather than mixing the dry ingredients in a bowl before adding to the pumpkin mixture, I use a Ziploc bag. One less bowl to wash!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: Add 1/2 C. chocolate chips.

No comments: